-  Takuya Maekawa, Naomi Yamashita, and Yasushi Sakurai, "How Well Can a Users Location Privacy Preferences Be Determined Without Using Gps Location Data?," IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, volume 5, number 4, pages 526-539 October 2017.
-  Mayu Iwata, Takahiro Hara, and Shojiro Nishio, "How Different Are Preferences of Children and Adults on Web Pages?," Proc. of Int'l Workshop on Advanced Distributed and Parallel Network Applications (ADPNA 2011), pages 394-399 September 2011.
-  Takahiro Hara, Masahiko Tsukamoto, and Shojiro Nsihio, "Database Migration in Wan Environments: How Can It Earn Good Performance?," In Proc. of International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 2000), pages 79-91 September 2000.
-  Hiroyuki Kawano, Shojiro Nishio, Jiawei Han, and Toshiharu Hasegawa, "How Does Knowledge Discovery Cooperate with Active Database Techniques in Controlling Dynamic Environment?," In Proc. of the Fifth Intl Conf. on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA 1994) (Karagiannis, D. (Ed.): Database and Expert Systems Applications, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 856, Springer-Verlag), pages 370-379 September 1994.
-  Shojiro Nishio, "Database File Redundancy Issues: How to Realize Efficient Data Access in Evolving Network Technologies," Proc. of Int'l Conf. on Network-Based Information Systems (NBiS 2010), September 2010.