Welcome to DMWPC 2012 Web Site!
AIM and SCOPE
The tremendous advances in wireless communication and mobile computing technologies have created a new computing and communication environment that provides services anytime and anywhere for everyone. Such an environment enables users to access a wide range of services and applications using a large variety of mobile and ubiquitous devices (e.g., cell phones, handheld computers, and so on). In order to accelerate this trend in the future, further progresses of the researches on wireless and pervasive computing, especially on data management, are necessary.
Following the success of DMWPCs (2008 in Okinawa, Japan / 2009 in Bradford, UK / 2010 in Perth, Australia / 2011 in Biopolis, Singapore), DMWPC 2012 aims to bring together practitioners and researchers from both academia and industry in order to have a forum for discussion and technical presentations on the current researches and future research directions related to this hot research area.
TOPICS of INTEREST
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Data mining for mobile applications
- Data management for pervasive computing
- Data aggregation in sensor networks
- Data placement, caching, replication and relocation to support mobility
- Metadata management and exchanges for mobile and ubiquitous applications
- Middleware support for mobile and ubiquitous computing
- Operating system and network support for mobile devices
- Integration and interworking of wired and wireless networks
- Security issues of data management in wireless networks
- QoS issues for data-intensive services in wireless networks
- Query processing for mobile users
- Query processing for sensor networks
- Transactions and workflows in mobile computing
- Context aware computing and location-based services
- Resource advertising and discovery in mobile and ubiquitous networks
- User interfaces and interaction models for mobile applications
- Mobile and ubiquitous applications
- Sensor network applications