Call for Papers (PDF version)
The Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems is a forum for researchers and practitioners interested in distributed systems design, development and evaluation, particularly with emphasis on reliability, availability, safety, security, trust and real-time. We welcome original research papers as well as practical experience reports that deal with design, development and experimental results of operational systems.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Autonomic, pervasive and ubiquitous computing
- Cloud computing and virtualization: X-as-a-Service
- Dependability of distributed databases and transaction processing
- Dependability of distributed multimedia systems
- Dependable communication networks, QoS control and assessment
- Dependable cooperative mobile systems: ad hoc networks, sensor networks, robot networks
- Distributed algorithms
- Distributed objects and middleware systems
- Experimental or analytical evaluations of dependable distributed systems
- Fault-tolerance, reliability, availability in distributed systems
- Formal methods and foundations for dependable distributed computing
- High-assurance and safety-critical distributed system design and evaluation
- Internet-based systems and applications
- Parallel and distributed operating systems
- Privacy-assuring large scale data management systems
- Resilience of distributed infrastructures: intelligent transport, smart grids, vehicular networks
- Secure and trusted distributed systems
Papers must be written in English. Regular Papers describing original research as well as design, development and experimental results of operational systems, and Practical Experience Reports describing on-going industrial projects, prototype systems and exploratory or emerging applications should be no longer than 10 pages, strictly following the IEEE two-column format.
Accepted papers will appear in the symposium proceedings, which will be published by the IEEE Computer Society.
Authors are requested to first register their submissions and submit their manuscripts in PDF format via EasyChair.
Best Paper Award
The symposium will highlight the best paper. All papers accepted for presentation at the symposium will be evaluated by the Best Paper Award Co-Chairs for the award.
Abstract submission: April
7 12, 2014 (23:00 ETC)
Full paper submission: April 13, 2014
(23:00 ETC; no extensions)
Authors notification: June 27, 2014
Camera-ready: July 20, 2014
Conference: October 6-9, 2014